The 2012 Cosmoprof Worldwide event held in Bologna, Italy was covered by four leading Italian beauty bloggers- ClioMakeup, Robyberta, MakeUpWorld, and Girl Power.
These four talented bloggers walked the show floor to pick their favorite trends from the 2700 exhibitors at show. See their daily picks and what caught their attention at this worldwide beauty event- click the links below to see their picks, or read on to see highlights.
Nail color and gel continue to be a strong focus at Cosmoprof. Pavilion 22 was the area of the show that exclusively showed nail products, and the bloggers enjoyed seeing what nail companies, both big and small, had in store for show visitors. Some highlights:
- IBD, a professional nail brand that’s distributed in Italy by Ladybird House, introduced a new gel product, called Just Gel.
- Nail enamel powerhouse OPI introduced their Gel Color, their semi-permanent nail product, to the European market. This follows the US launch in October 2011.
- Jeff Pink, President and CEO of Orly, said that he was busy cultivating his current distributors while keeping an eye out for new agents in other markets. Pink insisted that his brand, Gel FX, differs from other gels on the market in that it is not a hybrid mixed with lacquer, but a semi-permanent that helps benefit the nails with vitamins and antioxidants.
- Xanifarma, meanwhile, was showing its own private label collection of semi-permaments, which are also billed as “non hybrids.” “It looks like a nail polish and feels like a gel,” said Carmen Cudini, nail reconstruction instructor for the Xanifarma cosmetics division of Pesaro, the Italy based Xanitalia.
Sustainability can be sexy! Many beauty brand are embracing eco-friendly formulations, packaging, and production methods.
- Vani-T, an Australian natural and organic tanning brand, has four lines and over 200 stockkeeping units. Its retail prices range from 12 pounds to 45 pounds, or $19 to $71. Today, the company distributes its products in Australia and the U.K., and has just opened two stores in Israel. They are preparing to debut their first U.S. location on May 15th in Las Vegas!
- Organic M.A.K.E was one of the brand in Cosmoprof’s first ever Extraordinary Gallery, an area of the show where innovators in beauty, fashion, and design came together to showcase their brands in a sleek, minimalist area. Organic M.A.K.E hails from Denmark, and demonstrates a brand can have gorgeous packaging without compromising the environment.
Lip color remains playful, and the playfulness expands beyond lip color into other segments of the beauty industry, including furnishings.
Rahua from Amazon Beauty showcased their haircare gift sets, also within the Extraordinary Gallery. Having artistic touches added to the products and their branding is what separates Rahua from others in the haircare marketplace.
Le Provence from Italy and France’s Laduree are incorporating food into beauty. Le Provence’s packaging resembles cupcakes and other treats, while Laduree’s expertise in serving macaroons to people worldwide is brought to its own dessert-themed beauty brand.